![]() |
| Wearing "capes" with daddy |
Last week Davis shined a flashlight in my ear, and said "check earwax." Note: he did not find any.
Davis got a pretty cool remote control Lightning McQueen racecar for his birthday. His latest trick is to put the car in his play kitchen's oven/microwave and make it go. He laughs hysterically when he does this.
![]() |
| opening his McQueen car on his birthday |
Davis likes to wear swim goggles. I think he kind of looks like Ralphie from "The Christmas Story."
Davis also likes to pick his nose. Often.
Davis dips his food in his drink. Sometimes he eats it afterward. For lunch today, I think he ate 1/4 of his quesadilla soggy.
![]() |
| Don't look at my crow's feet too closely |
Davis's prayers have become a lot more individualized (and sometimes funny). He usually says "Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. Daddy work, play toys.....
![]() |
| running around at Kindermusik on the first day of class (Jan. 2011) |
For all the words, Davis can say correctly, there are a few that he doesn't say quite right:
- He calls my parents "Grandma Little" and "Grandpa Little" (instead of Grandma & Grandpa Hadfield). When he started doing this a few months ago, I realized that this is my fault, because I was only calling them "grandma & grandpa" (because Russ's parents were living in Mongolia) but we called my grandpa "Papa Little." I have made a conscious effort to use "Hadfield" when referring to them, and he has been corrected numerous times, but he still calls them by the wrong name.
![]() |
| playing with Grandma |
- Davis calls the microwave a "microphone."
- He stills says "hold you" instead of "hold me."
![]() |
| eating cinnamon rolls (or at least the frosting) at grandma's house |
- When he wants you to go somewhere with him, he tells you to "coming" instead of "come on."
- He likes to imitate the sound Lightning McQueen makes ("ka-chow"), but he says "cha-kow."
- Davis has started to say the word "first" randomly in his sentences. Sometimes it makes sense, but most of the time, I think he is using it to replace the word "instead" (e.g. When I try to help him with something, many times he says, "I do it first.")
![]() |
| I love this kid first. |










1 comment:
Ha! He totally DOES look like Ralphie! You'll shoot your eye out!
Post a Comment