My little guy turned two today!
When I ask him what today is, he says "my birthday!" He has been singing "birthday to you, birthday to you!" this morning (he initiates it himself too -- pretty funny). Here are some fun facts about my little two-year old:
- Davis can say ANYTHING! Give him a word, and he can parrot it back quite clearly. He is especially good at saying "calculator," "hippopotamus," "jellyfish," and "machine." Davis also knows how to use most of his "giant" (another favorite word) vocabulary in correct context. Today, in the bathroom, he pointed to the shower curtain and said "shower curtain." How did he get to be so smart?!
- Davis loves to blow bubbles. I bought a fancy schmancy bubble-blowing machine thinking he would love it (and he does), but he prefers to blow bubbles from the wand by himself. And it didn't take him long how to figure that out.
- While Davis loves blowing bubbles, he freaked out when I tried to give him a bubble bath. He didn't want the bubbles touching him. I had to drain all the bubbles and water out and start over with clean water.
- Davis's favorite phrases are "my turn," "I get it," "I do it," "look," and "mine."
- Davis knows how to lock the doors. In fact, on Saturday he locked me out of the house...I ran out to the garage for a minute, and he played with the lock. I had to coach him on how to unlock the door for me.
- Davis likes to watch Backyardigans, Dinosaur Train, Curious George, Toy Story 2, and the Cars movie.
- Davis is a really good eater, but he especially loves watermelon, strawberries, black beans, rice, sausage, pepperoni, chicken strips, popcorn shrimp, cheese, and fruit snacks.
- If you ask him what his name is, he says, "Davis Lasson."
- Davis doesn't like loud noises, especially the lawn mower and the vacuum. He is very quick to point out any noise. He says "noise" and sometimes "afraid" or "scared."
- Davis likes to wipe his nose and show us his boogers. "Look! Look," he says (and sometimes he'll add "gross"). I must admit this one is my fault. When he was younger, he really hated blowing his nose. I thought, "maybe he'll think it's fun to blow his nose if he gets to see his boogers..." Boy that one backfired!!!
- Davis likes to count. He usually says, "3, 4, 6, 7, 10."
watching a show with our special popcorn buckets
digging into the popcorn with all his might
opening a present from grandma
Yeah a remote control Lightning McQueen car (only remote pictured here...)
Grandma made homemade macaroni & cheese (one of Davis's favorites) for dinner, and then we drove to the airport to pick up Russ, who had been in Panama for the past week. What a busy and fun day for a very busy and very fun boy!
Happy Birthday, Davis!
We love you!!!






4 comments:
Happy birthday, Davis! You are so smart and quite handsome. You definitely get both your brains AND your looks from your mama.
And I soooo jealous of his list of favorite foods. Thanks for putting up with my cranky Ellie at his birthday lunch.
He's so cute. :)
Yay for birthdays!! I can't believe he is 2. What a cutie patootie. And I love that he is afraid of bubble baths...is there a name for that? bubblephobia?
Every time I read your posts about Davis it really makes me wish we were neighbors. :) He & Austin share so many favorite things in common, they would be best buddies! We too enjoy Toy Story & Cars. Can you believe he is already 2?! Do you ever look at him and wonder where your baby went?! I loved the part about draining the bathtub because of the bubbles. We've been through that too. haha. Happy Birthday Davis!
Post a Comment