(Yes, that is his diaper hanging out of his shirt.)
He can also stand up from wherever he falls down (without holding on to anything). Actually, he's been able to do that for a month or so now. Basically that just means that he is super mobile. And he's good at reaching things that are high. He can reach about six to eight inches toward the center of the kitchen table, and he can reach the top of the kitchen counter now!
I took him to get passport photos last week since we are headed into Canada this fall, and I caught a few great warm-up pics from Davis:
(talking into his "phone" -- actually a laser gun...)
He's started lying down a lot more during his play. Sometimes he will lie on his back and try to crawl backwards. It ends up looking kind of like the worm.
My handsome little guy :)
Davis has become quite the messy eater lately. I guess it's partially my fault because he eats with his hands and I give him all sorts of messy things like bananas and macaroni and cheese (incidentally, he will only eat homemade mac & cheese -- none of that Kraft suff!).
check out these cute little piggies!
He knows how to say he's one year old, but lately when you ask him how old he is, he'll put his one finger by his nose...
Our July 4th was a little strange this year. We had a few neighbors over for a pancake breakfast that morning, but then Russ had to go to work for several hours (until 7:30 pm). Davis and I hung out at my parent's house that afternoon. Russ joined us that night, and the boys did some pyrotechnics...
Davis has had a fascination with random kitchen utensils for some time now. He used to carry a plastic spoon or measuring cup around for hours at a time. Now he switches things up -- a rubber pastry brush, a plastic wire whisk, a spatula. The other day it was a ladle...
Dad even let him take it in the bathtub...
If you look closely in this pic, you can still see the ladle...
















3 comments:
He's so cute Liz!
I can't believe he is walking! What a big kid. I hope you washed the ladle after the tubbie ;)
I love all of your photographic skills of your adorable, photogenic baby!
Post a Comment