Sunday, June 20, 2010

Who Knew We Lived in Nepal?

We took a drive up American Fork Canyon for FHE last Monday, and Russ took some pretty sweet pictures.  This first one looks like Mt. Everest rising up out of the clouds -- hence the title of this post:
Such amazing views!

Of course, I get a more amazing view from within my home -- views of this little guy:
I opened (and assembled by myself, I might add... okay Russ tightened a couple of screws for me) one of Davis's remaining birthday presents (refer to this post).  Davis is having a blast with it!


Davis has been getting smarter by the day.  Here are a few more things he can do (most of which happened over the past week!):
  • Can tell you how old he is by showing you one finger (and don't worry, I didn't teach him to use his middle finger to do it!)
  • Can tell you what sound a fish makes (okay, so fish don't make sounds, but they open and close their mouths)
  • Can tell you what sound a cow makes
  • Can pretend to blow his nose (This is actually pretty hilarious.  If a cloth is nearby, he will blow his nose into the cloth!)
  • Can follow simple commands (This is very useful when he picks up a piece of fuzz from the carpet.  I can say "bring that to momma," and he will!)
  • Can open doors with lever doorknobs (luckily, we don't have these!)
He's also had another ear infection, so a few weeks ago we had to take him in to have Rocephin shots (three days in a row - wahoo!).  I feel so bad for the little guy.  We take him to the doc again Wednesday to make sure the infection is all gone.  If he gets another ear infection soon, the next step is tubes.  Poor kid!

Here are a few more pics from our trip to Arizona (I just found them on the camera) to end this post:

feeding the ducks

swimming in the pool (NOT a favorite pastime for Davis, as evidenced by him climbing higher and higher up Russ to escape the water, which was a little chilly)

Pirate Elizabeth -- shiver me timbers, it's bright out here!

5 comments:

Marie said...

He's so cute. I feel so bad for the little guy and all his ear infections. I can't believe how much he's learned! He is getting so big!

jessica said...

First of all, I'm impressed with your knowledge of geography. Seriously. Second of all, We have the same toy you assembled yourself, but we are currently looking for a new home for ours. And for some reason that makes me sad :(

KT said...

Love your pics of the mountains. I just love how beautiful it is here, I can't get enough of it.

I feel so bad for your little guy and his ears! Poor thing. Hope it gets resolved!

Amber Hendrix said...

Poor Davis and his ear infections! That's no fun to be miserable. I am so impressed that he can tell you how old he is! It is so crazy how big and smart he is getting. We will be in Utah for a couple of weeks in August. Maybe you and Davis would like to get together for a play date?

Heidi said...

What beautiful pictures! Davis sure is cute and very smart! I am pleased to say I have seen almost all of those skills in person, so Go Davis! And, I think we own look alike swimming suits! :)