We had a family birthday party yesterday, complete with relay races, hot potato, a parachute, cake & ice cream, and fabulous presents. Davis loves balls, so every game had balls in it (I think I hit the dollar section of every store looking for balls for the party...) Thanks to everyone who came and made the party so fun! One day I'll learn how to make photo collages, but until then, here is a photo dump:
I attempted to make a spherical cake, but it didn't quite turn out as I envisioned. Okay, it turned out nothing like I envisioned. After letting the cake sit overnight with one corner tilted up an inch to prevent the top half from sliding off, I gave up on making it look like a basketball! But I think the cupcakes turned out pretty cute (thanks, Marie, for sending me pics of cupcakes to copy!).
Of course, I left Davis's cupcake undecorated with potentially clothes-staining sprinkles, gel, or food coloring.
It didn't seem to matter though...Davis wasn't too keen on the cake (and he really disliked the coldness of the ice cream!) Word on the street is that he actually fed himself some cupcake (but I was in the house, and I didn't see it, so I can't confirm this), but mostly we just fed him a few bites and he kept the mess contained to his hands and highchair tray.


I guess he could take a few lessons from his cousin Travis, who is three days older than Davis.
All in all, I'd say Davis enjoyed his first birthday party.
And today, we took some more pics of him (we had to because it was his actual birthday, plus it was Sunday so our activities were limited anyway). What you are about to see is...another photo overload! But I can do that because it is my blog, and you don't have to read it!










What a wonderful day!












4 comments:
First of all happy birthday to Davis! Second of all...you have a gorgeous backyard. I looked at your picture on the stone steps and was thinkng you had gone somewhere to take the pictures, then when you said your grill had blown into your rockwall I was like, whoa! fancy! I love it!
Yay for birthdays! I am glad he had a good first birthday. I wish we could have been there. Your cupcakes are freakin cute, by the way. Love your handsome family!
Ok ... so that's obviously a doctored photo of me ;)
-shell
Wow! What a fun Birthday party! You are great party planners and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
Love from Mongolia!
XOXOXOXOXOXXO
Post a Comment