Wednesday, January 6, 2010

80s Flashback

When I was a little girl (translation: during the late 1980s), there was a Disney Sunday night movie that became a family favorite. It was called A Mom For Christmas. It was perfect for my three sisters and me: it had Olivia Newton John, two romances, mannequins that come to life (one even drives a car), and gazpacho. (Notice I didn't say it had a great plot or even a passable script...) Anyhow, one evening during the Christmas holidays, we got the brilliant idea to get our kids to sleep and let the boys play video games at Michelle's house while we had 80s makeovers and watched A Mom For Christmas. It was a fun night (especially when we all started to get tired at 9:30 and watched the rest of the movie on 1.5 speed). My mom and my sisters might kill me for posting this (even though I look just as ridiculous as they do, if not more so), but here are the results (yes, my mom kept her crimper around all these years):





2 comments:

Little Paper Dog said...

Wow ... I didn't realize how super totally awesome I looked. I'm so proud to say that my bangs were the tallest.

-Shell

ps you look truly outrageous ... truly truly truly outrageous :)

Marie said...

Tee hee...good thing my kid took a freaking hour to fall asleep so there aren't as many documented photographs of me :)