Sunday, July 15, 2012

Callie's Blessing Day

On July 15th, Callie Marie Lasson was given a name and a blessing by her daddy.  It was a beautiful blessing for a beautiful baby girl.  We waited until July so that my dad would be healthy enough to join us (he was in the ICU when Callie was born).  She had to wear a 6-month blessing dress (although I think Davis wore a 6-month outfit to his blessing, and he was only 6 weeks old! My babies are half-grown when they are born!)

We enjoyed having the family over for a yummy brunch of breakfast burritos, muffins, fruit, and crumb cake.  The weather wasn't too warm or windy (very unusual for our neighborhood).  The kids enjoyed playing in the yard, and our family stayed for more than three hours -- it was perfect!


Before church -- gotta love Davis's face!
(It's so hard to get a picture of him smiling anymore...)
My sweet friend, Joy, came over before church to curl my hair since I am totally incapable of doing it myself!

our little family :)



with Grandma and Grandpa Hadfield

How many kids can fit on a playset?!

with Grandma and Grandpa Lasson

with Grandpa Little




my beautiful baby girl!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Callie looks so pretty--and so do you!

KT said...

She is darling Liz! Congrats! :) And you look fantastic! And I am the same way with curling my hair, you're lucky to have a friend who'll come over to help!

Kohl said...

What a special day! Liz you look beautiful as did Callie! We need to get together sometime soon!!

Marie said...

I know I saw this a long time ago, but I can't believe I didn't comment on it. So here I go now...
You have such a cute family. I love blessing days--it makes us remember all the wonderful things we have in our lives.