Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Little Monkey

Davis had a blast carving his first pumpkin this year (don't call DCFS on me -- he didn't actually do the carving...).  He loved the ooey gooey pumpkin guts.
(Please note that my child never runs around in just a diaper.  This was simply a precautionary measure due to my son's enthusiasm for anything messy.)

 He wasn't even afraid to dive right into the mess [putting his mother (who refused to touch pumpkin innards until college) to shame]

 In true Davis style, his favorite part of the event was stirring the seeds and guts.
 He just kept stirring until the carving was complete.

 And then he still kept stirring.
 Only after he kissed the pumpkin was his stirring complete.


Davis made the cutest little monkey for Halloween this year!  He didn't mind the costume (even the hood, which totally surprised me).  I had great plans to make Russ dress up like The Man in the Yellow Hat (from Curious George), but I was too lazy/cheap to find/make a costume.

Davis enjoyed going trick-or-treating (we only went to four or five houses!), but he LOVED answering the door for the trick-or-treaters.  He practically tripped over himself to answer the door.
As the night wore on, it became apparent just why he loved answering the door...

Davis's friend, Ellie, stopped by for a visit.  They had more fun than this picture shows.  They Davis kept dumping the candy out of the basket and trying to eat it through the wrappers.  We had to sort through the candy to find untainted candy to pass out to the neighbor kids!
All in all, I think the monkey had a great day!

2 comments:

Marie said...

He is the cutest monkey I've ever seen!! I love that he just wanted to stir the pumpkin guts. So freakin cute.

Heather said...

Love the picture of your skinny rear end! And thanks for posting a cute pic of the "destined" sweethearts. And I think Ellie ate up more wrappers than Davis did...