- Davis had his 15-month appointment yesterday. He is healthy (even his ears!). He is also slowing down in the growth department -- less than 75% for his height now.
- Davis likes Krispy Kreme donuts.
- Davis can now say "bee," "shoes," and "drink."
- Davis loves to read the hymnbook (totally random, I know). When he sits on my lap at the piano, he now points to the green hymnbook until I pull it down. Then he tries to read it. So far, he has been very careful with the pages.
- Davis loves to throw things down the stairs, especially the fridge magnets.
- Davis can follow commands. I say "can" because sometimes he chooses not to do them. It seems like he understands more than he should at this age, but I am probably just a proud mom.
- Davis likes the Gilmore Girls (partially because he has no choice, and partially because there is a lot of music and he can dance).
- Davis likes to sing.
- Davis loves to turn the oven light on. He also wants to push the buttons on the thermostat when we walk by it.
- Davis stands up in the bathtub and has tried on more than one occasion to turn the water on and/or turn the shower on.
- Davis wants me to hold him whenever I am working in the kitchen -- he isn't happy until he can see what is going on. Needless to say, I have been cooking much less because it is really hard to stir one-handed.
- Davis still doesn't like milk, even if there is chocolate in it.
- Davis is getting pretty good at throwing the ball accurately, and he can do it with either hand (he usually chooses right, but if it's full, he'll throw left).
- Davis gives the best hugs. He even patted my back the other day while he was giving me a hug.
Russ gave Davis a haircut, and he did a mighty fine job.
Back before everyone got sick, we did get to have some fun:
We babysat our neighbor, Rhett, for an hour or so. Davis LOVED it. I'm not sure if Rhett appreciated Davis following him around all the time.
We went to the Highland splash pad with our neighbors one evening.
Davis had a blast walking through the water.
He didn't want to hold my hand at all.
I followed him closely, worried that he would biff it on the concrete since he'd only been walking a few weeks at this point.
I just can't believe he left his hat on the whole time.
I just can't believe he left his hat on the whole time.
Russ had a lot of fun taking pics. See below.


















4 comments:
Ok, so that Davis is one freaking cute kid! I love his toothy grin! Love hearing all the cute things he is doing lately. And P.S. Highland's splashpad looks awesome!
Liz, you're the best blogger ever!!! Thanks!!!
First of all...Davis = cute! Second of all...very brave girl to post a pic of you in a bathing suit, but not that brave because you look awesome in it. Third of all...I think I need the recipe for those bars because they look delish.
Way fun post! They always are! ...so, Davis takes after his Mom in the liking Milk Department...I am so glad that Davis likes Gilmore Girls...what a great show! We are so glad that we are feeling better too as we have missed playing with you!!!
Post a Comment