Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Daxton

Yesterday my little sis, Marie, gave birth to the cutest little baby boy! His name is Daxton, and he has blonde, wavy hair -- what a doll! As a result, I have been thinking about this little guy:
This picture is many months old, but I love how it shows his super long eyelashes!

It seems like it was only a few months ago that we brought him home.
I still can't believe the hospital let US take him home -- didn't they know we were clueless?!?
We had no idea what to do with a little baby!
Here are a few things Davis has taught me over the past (almost) 10 months:
  • If Davis is having lots of blowouts, it just may be time to upgrade to a larger diaper.
  • Just because Davis liked squash yesterday doesn't mean he will like it today.
  • If Davis doesn't want to eat squash, there is no way you can get it between his super tight gum clench (see above).
  • Naptime gets a lot trickier when Davis knows how to sit up from a lying position.
  • It is possible to blow a snot bubble with your nose if you have a runny nose and you cry hard enough (Davis did it -- not me!).
  • The best hugs come right after naps or first thing in the morning.
  • The best cuddles come while nursing.
  • When Davis smiles or laughs, I'll do anything he wants.
  • I never knew I could love a child so much!
Being a mom is AWESOME!!

3 comments:

Little Paper Dog said...

Snot bubble ... tee hee ;)

Carolyn said...

Love the blog Elizabeth. Davis is so dang cute! Thanks for the invite!

Marie said...

Yes, I'm just now catching up on reading all the blogs I follow....Yay for new babies!